- The Geek Atlas Companion for iPhone and iPod touch on the iTunes App Store
The Geek Atlas Companion app is here: Based on the popular book by @jgrahamc
- Quornstruction: The house made of meat
- Introduction to Data Mining
Provides both theoretical and practical coverage of all data mining topics.
Includes extensive number of integrated examples and figures.
Offers instructor resources including solutions for exercises and complete set of lecture slides.
Assumes only a modest statistics or mathematics background, and no database knowledge is needed.
Topics covered include; predictive modeling, association analysis, clustering, anomaly detection, visualization.
- Crunching cancer with numbers – health – 13 July 2010 – New Scientist
- Twitter / Atanu Basu:
"To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered." – Voltaire
- Expanding the Cloud – Cluster Compute Instances for Amazon EC2 – All Things Distributed
Expanding the Cloud – Cluster Compute Instances for Amazon EC2
- Larger head size may protect against Alzheimer’s symptoms
Larger head size may protect against Alzheimer’s symptoms
- Gene mutation that causes rare form of deafness identified
Gene mutation that causes rare form of deafness identified
- Worldchanging: Bright Green: The Outquisition
2 years ago, @doctorow and I came up w/ "the Outquisition" more interesting now w/ @Richard_Florida Great Reset?
- Lone Star Ruby Conference – August 26-28, 2010, Austin, Texas
Less than 43 days till Lone Star Ruby Conference. #github and #heroku Keynotes, #lsrc,
- As ‘Truth-O-Meter’ Spreads, Politicians Wince : NPR
"As ‘Truth-O-Meter’ Spreads, Politicians Wince" @Statesman @politifact featured on @NPR: #austin #texas #politics
- Pandas and Lobsters: Why Google Cannot Build Social Applications… – …ifindkarma…
- Quora – Home
A continually improving collection of questions and answers created, edited, and organized by everyone who uses it.
- The Tenacious Buzz of Malaria – WSJ.com
“@GreatDismal: Stunning data point: Malaria parasite responsible for HALF of all human deaths since stone age.
- Yahoo! Code Like A Girl Tee
- BBC News – Low vitamin D levels ‘linked to Parkinson’s disease’
- Screwtop Winebottle
@JadAbumrad If you don’t love this clip of Glenn Gould discussing his radio doc, I don’t know what’s what anymore.
- Barley, tomato and garlic risotto recipe | Yotam Ottolenghi | Vegetarian | Food | Life and style | The Guardian
- Charlie Brooker | Twilight’s sulky vampires are less frightening than a knitted cushion | Comment is free | The Guardian
- Twitter / Anil Dash: Staring at smartphones is …
Staring at smartphones is a huge improvement in elevator riding behavior, when compared to staring at floor numbers or a terrible tiny TV.
- ChadFowler.com Switching to Android
.@chadfowler on switching to Android Pretty much matches my experience.
- Slashdot Story | The Android Gets Its HyperCard
Now that’s a headline that says a lot: The Android Gets Its HyperCard
- Spectrum Future Shock – Reed’s Ruminations: A Blog by Dan Reed
Fascinating and right-on: Spectrum Future Shock Got to invite Dan Reed to #g2s!
- Git Community Book
- Weekend Window: The Sea of Grass – ABC News
Did you see our KS state director show off the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve on yesterday’s @GMA? Watch it here:
- A Thin Film Detection/Response System for Pathogenic Bacteria – Journal of the American Chemical Society (ACS Publications)
Smart bandages laced with nanoparticles could help prevent infection.
Digest powered by RSS Digest