- Unix in a Nutshell, Fourth Edition
– O’Reilly MediaRT @oreillymedia O’Reilly Ebook Deal of the Day: Unix in a Nutshell, Fourth Edition – Only $9.99 use code DDUN4
- Noble Pig: Corn and Basil Cakes
- BBC News – Malaria-proof mosquito engineered
Geneticists successfully introduce a gene to mosquito larvae that blocks the development of the malaria para..
- Twitter / RainnWilson: Resentment is like drinkin …
Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. – Carrie Fisher
- Twitter / Mindy Kaling: Oh yay, it’s getting hot e …
Oh yay, it’s getting hot enough outside for my summer murder spree
- 3′s next-gen MiFi unit is simply brilliant | Mobile Industry Review
Taking one of these on holiday. Best (and simplest) mifi device I’ve come across so far, also cheap.
- Catholics angry as church puts female ordination on par with sex abuse | World news | The Guardian
Vatican: ordaining women is on a par with raping children. Did they think this thru before sending the press release?
- Feynman Algorithm
The Feynman Algorithm: 1) Write down the problem. 2) Think real hard. 3) Write down the solution.
- Rescuing fruit flies from Alzheimer’s disease
Rescuing fruit flies from Alzheimer’s disease
- YC-Funded Optimizely Makes It Remarkably Easy To Run A/B Tests On Your Website
YC-Funded Optimizely Makes It Remarkably Easy To Run A/B Tests On Your Website – by @jasonkincaid
- Twitter / Jonathan Singer: Fair pay √. Recovery Act √ …
Fair pay √. Recovery Act √. Credit card reform √. #HCR √. Student loan reform √. #FinReg reform √. #111thCongress
- How to Scale Code Deployment Like Twitter Does
How to Scale Code Deployment Like Twitter Does
- Placehold.it – Quick and simple image placeholders
- Google Public Policy Blog: Our op-ed: Regulating what is “best” in search?
nice. google’s own op-ed on search neutrality now on their blog rather than just FT (via @parislemon)
- The New York Times Algorithm & Why It Needs Government Regulation
Absolutely brilliant and right-on satire by @dannysullivan: Regulating the NY Times via @brady
- Oil Spill: Gulf Pets Abandoned As Owners Can No Longer Afford To Care For Their Animals (VIDEO)
Countless Gulf pets face euthanasia due to oil spill: Donate to Louisiana SPCA fund to help:
- Fake – Mac OS X Web Browser Automation and Webapp Testing Made Simple.
Fake is a new browser for Mac OS X that makes web automation simple. Fake allows you to drag discrete browser Actions into a graphical Workflow that can be run again and again without human interaction. The Fake Workflows you create can be saved, reopened, and shared.
- Primordial Sperm Gene Found | Wired Science | Wired.com
Primordial sperm gene found:
- Breath of fresh air for brain ‘glue’ cells: Scientific American
Breath of fresh air for brain ‘glue’ cells
- Oil Leak Could Transform Repairmen Into Superheroes | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
RT @arwenogriffith Great article on culture of repair–let’s make repairmen superheroes!
- Slashdot Story | Leaving a Comment? That’ll Be 99 Cents, and Your Name
Interesting business model for a newspaper: pay to comment. Wonder if it will work.
- U.S. Gulf Offshore Oil Production: Moving into Deeper Water Horizons | EarthTrends Delivered
RT @mims: Horizon rig doesn’t even qualify as ultra-deepwater. Check out all the new Gulf leases that do. (Map)
- [Wireless Japan] NTT Docomo Shows Lenticular Lens-based 3D LCD Display — Tech-On!
RT @naypinya in email: via @pkeys, NTT DoCoMo is showing off a small 3d interactive screen. Incredibly wow.
- Untitled (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/16/world/europe/16vatican.html?_r=3&hp&pagewanted=print&pagemode=print)
soooo… ordaining a woman and pedophilia are in the same league now. Way to keep the Church relevant, Benedict.
- Untitled (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/15/technology/personaltech/15pogue-email.html?_r=3)
Here’s my interview with the Internet’s rumor-blaster-in-chief, the cofounder of Snopes.com:
- How we subsidize fossil fuels – Boing Boing
RT @maddow: Understanding energy policy in one picture: @BoingBoing
- About Blank notebook | Minimal Goods
Therefore, About Blank notebook has no pre-determined front or back, top or bottom:
- App Inventor and the culture wars – O’Reilly Radar
Insightful post by @mikeloukides: App Inventor and the culture wars
- Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac: The Missing Manual
– O’Reilly MediaRT @oreillymedia #Ebook Deal of the Day: Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac: The Missing Manual-Only $9.99 use code DDPEM
- Blair silent on plans to attend torture inquiry | Law | The Guardian
There must be some way of making him talk? RT @guardiannews Blair silent on plans to attend torture inquiry
Digest powered by RSS Digest