- The New York Times > Log In
Health insurers fighting rule that requires 80% of premiums to go towards patient care.
- Twitter / name: The hardest thing to hide …
The hardest thing to hide is something that is not there, which is why our grandest pretenses conceal not evil or ugliness, but emptiness.
- Twitter / Cory Doctorow: Copyright maximalists have …
Copyright maximalists have created a generation of lawbreakers, some guilty, some joyful. This is a great harm @thepublicdomain #ORGcon
- Ancient tablet bears scars of dark history
Tell Tayinat – Julie’s dig
- The New York Times > Log In
UVA makes available an archive of Faulkner recordings from 1957-58, when he was writer in residence via @naypinya
- Where Science, Art and Photography Intersect (25 photos) – My Modern Metropolis
Insanely awesome science/art photos [via @stevesilberman & @guykawasaki]
- Yes Men documentary goes online via Bittorrent to evade censorship – Boing Boing
Yes Men documentary goes online via Bittorrent to evade censorship
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Internet Needs
Maslow’s Hierarchy of Internet Needs. via @AndreaKuszewski
- Race in Film: Tammy & the Bachelor : Mirror: Motion Picture Commentary
Remember Tammy and Debbie Reynolds? There were slave quarters out back the house.
- Memphis Cuts Crime With Predictive Analytics
Memphis Cuts Crime With Predictive Analytics: reports 31% drop in crime rate to knowing when and where … #datamining
- NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: News and videos from the evening broadcast NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: News and videos from the evening broadcast- msnbc.com
Ok here’s a glimpse of what is ripping my heart out. I fear people won’t care.
- Web 2.0 risks and rewards for federal agencies – O’Reilly Radar
Web 2.0 risks and rewards for federal agencies
- wrttn.in – a simple online notepad
wrttn is a simple notepad with many useful features.
- FluidDB » Blog Archive » Open sourcing Tickery
Tickery has been open sourced: #FluidDB (I like Tickery a lot.)
- Untitled (http://spectrum.ieee.org/images/dec08/images/data02.gif)
RT @pkedrosky Top 10 countries by robots per capita
- Google executive frustrated by Java, C++ complexity | Developer World – InfoWorld
Google’s Rob Pike makes the case for simpler programming languages at #OSCON
- Editorial – Climate Bill Out With a Whimper – NYTimes.com
On Thursday, the Senate majority leader, Harry Reid, abandoned the fight for meaningful energy and climate legislation. The Republicans — surprise — had been fiercely obstructionist. But the Democratic leaders let them get away with it, as did the White House. It has been weeks since President Obama spoke out about the need for a serious climate bill to address the very real danger of global warming and to lessen this country’s dependence on imported oil.
- Cooking for Geeks
– O’Reilly MediaRT @oreillymedia #Ebook Deal of the Day: Cooking for Geeks – Only $9.99. Use code DDC4G
Digest powered by RSS Digest