- SAHANA | Free and Open Source Disaster Management System
- The funniest, strangest, and most dramatic moments in Garry Trudeau’s classic comic strip. – - Slate Magazine
- Johann Hari: Protest works. Just look at the proof -
Johann Hari, Commentators – The IndependentIf I could, I would knight Johann Hari: RT @johannhari101: Protest works. Just look at the proof:
- SRI Technology: the ARPANET
RT @billt Happy Birthday ARPANET First message sent from UCLA to SRI on October 29 1969 >>+1 #arpanet
- PDC: Why Steve Jobs’ Pixar uses Microsoft Windows Azure
Renderman on Azure is a big win for Microsoft! Democratizing an app that previously required LOTS of dedicated hardware
- Leveraging technology to stand up the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau | Gov 2.0
via @digiphile Will crowdsourcing & big data help the new CFPB to detect fraud earlier, before a crisis? #gov20 #opengov
- The New York Times > Log In
Return of the secret donors This bothers me. How about you? #moneyinpolitics
- NYC Voters: Report Problems at the Polls by Tweeting #NYCVOTES or Calling 311 on Election Day
RT @S_Goldsmith ; more and more use of 2.0 tools; NYC voters can report problems at the polls by tweeting
- O’Reilly Media | LibraryThing for Publishers
Love the @librarything page for @oreillymedia. Top books selected by users a great list!
- Federal Register and CityAdmin: Two Approaches to Civic Publication. | Civic Commons
RT @CivComs: Federal Register and CityAdmin: Two Approaches to Civic Publication #opengov #opendata #gov20
- Code Complete, Second Edition
– O’Reilly MediaRT @MicrosoftPress #Ebook Deal/Day: Code Complete, 2nd Ed. $17.99 (Save 55%) Code DDCC2 #pdc10
- schacon’s showoff at master – GitHub
ShowOff is a Sinatra web app that reads simple configuration files for a presentation. It is sort of like a Keynote web app engine – think S5 + Slidedown. I am using it to do all my talks in 2010, because I have a deep hatred in my heart for Keynote and yet it is by far the best in the field.
The idea is that you setup your markdown slide files in section subdirectories and then startup the showoff server in that directory. It will read in your showoff.json file for which sections go in which order and then will give you a URL to present from.
- SRSLY SORRY
- Slashdot Story | British Airways Chief Slams US Security Requests
British Airways Chief Slams US Airport Security Requests About time. One of many areas where we need to speak truth.
- Dancing out of time: Thoughts on asynchronous communication – O’Reilly Radar
This @terrycojones piece on asynchronous vs. synchronous communication as applied to data seems really important
- Connect Pro Meeting Login
About to do my @web2summit webcast Battle for the Internet Economy with @johnbattelle at 1 PT (10 mins). #w2s
- Faded: super simple fading image and content viewer for jQuery – The Changelog – Open Source moves fast. Keep up.
- nathansearles’s Faded at master – GitHub
"Faded is a super simple fading image and content viewer for jQuery. Easy to setup and design to your specifications. Features auto generated pagination, an awesome sequential image loader, some fancy crossfading, essentially no CSS required and a number of custom option for you to set if you like"
- Nasa: Climate Change: Evidence
- Extinction Countdown: Extinction crisis revealed: One fifth of the world’s mammals, birds and amphibians are threatened
RT @sciam: Extinction crisis revealed: One fifth of world’s mammals, birds and amphibians are threatened
Digest powered by RSS Digest