- Twitter / roadkillrefugee: RT @brianstelter: Lauer:
RT @brianstelter: Lauer: "Why is waterboarding legal, in your opinion?" Bush: "Because the lawyers [Addington/Libby/Yoo] said it was legal."
- New license-plate readers help police, disturb some civilians – The Boston Globe
Worried about privacy on the net? How about police scanners that check out every license plate?
- Dirty Coal, Clean Future – Magazine – The Atlantic
"Dirty Coal, Clean Future" China, America, and the case for coal’s inevitability: (by James Fallows, new @TheAtlantic)
- Webcast: Probabilistic Data Structures and Breaking Down Big Sequence Data
Meanwhile, for data geeks, also see Probabilistic Data Structures and Breaking Down Big Sequence Data webcast tomorrow
- GoToWebinar : Webinars Made Easy. Award-Winning Web Casting & Online Seminar Hosting Software
Hmm. Cloudera and ebay doing a joint webinar next Weds about ebay’s use of #hadoop. via @mikeloukides
- O’Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing Conference 2011 – O’Reilly Conferences, February 14 – 16, 2011, New York
Cool: Booker Prize winner Margaret Atwood to keynote at #OReillyMedia Tools of Change for Publishing Conf in February:
- Daring Fireball: Going Flash-Free on Mac OS X, and How to Cheat When You Need It
- Untitled (http://www.npr.org/assets/news/2010/05/17/concern.pdf)
X-ray scanner health warning from UCSF (pdf) I’ll definitely choose the lines with the old scanners next time I fly…
- All The App Stores – Anil Dash
.@anildash reminds us that it’s not just mobile that has app stores. Other platforms will be remade in that image.
- Wealth distribution in the U.S.: Something needs to be done – latimes.com
Interesting results on perception of wealth inequality and reality from @danariely, Michael I. Norton.
- My Endless New York – NYTimes.com
- gitignore: A collection of useful .gitignore templates – The Changelog – Open Source moves fast. Keep up.
gitignore: A collection of useful .gitignore templates
- India: Land of many cell phones, fewer toilets – BusinessWeek
The paradox of India’s infrastructure: Land of more cell phones than toilets
- DHA improves memory and cognitive function in older adults, study suggests
- Gov 2.0: A vote for open data in San Francisco
A vote for open data in San Francisco via @kmcurry
- Twitter Bot Auto-Debates Climate Change Critics
Twitter Bot Auto-Debates Climate Change Critics <- Brilliant via @mashsocialmedia @mashable
- BBC News – Dutch sniff cards to help find cannabis plantations
Dutch to receive marijuana-scented scratch cards in bid to find illegal weed growers. Oddly, not satire.
- Why The Book Business May Soon Be The Most Digital Of All Media Industries
paidContentWhile only 7% of online adult book readers read e-books, those readers also spend the most money on books (via @chr1sa)
- Raskin | Beyond Desktop
- The New York Times > Log In
Worth reading. Three overlapping crises facing US. Ross Douhat: The Unready Republicans via @dalepd
- cdixon.org – chris dixon’s blog / While Google fights on the edges, Amazon is attacking their core
Fascinating post by @cdixon about why Amazon is a bigger threat to Google than FB or Apple we’ll talk about at #w2s
- Home | Management Innovation eXchange
Love the leading questions banner on : What if…?
- The New York Times > Log In
Robots to guard your home. via @jstogdill Another cool taste of the future starts with hacking. @make
- Democrats didn’t lose the battle of 2010. They won it. – By William Saletan – Slate Magazine
RT @pahlkadot: The big picture isn’t about winning or keeping power. It’s about using it. The dems won.
- Google scares Aussie banks – Business – News
Aussie banks worried that Google and PayPal are more responsive and trusted than banks. Fits right in with #w2s theme
- Make: The Fifth Year Collector’s Box Set
RT @MakerShed Today’s Deal: Make Year 5 Box Set for 50% off – just $30 #MakeDotD
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007: Data Analysis and Business Modeling
– O’Reilly MediaRT @MicrosoftPress #Ebook Deal/Day – Excel: Data Analysis & Modeling – $19.99 (Save 50%) Code DDEX7
- Head First Java, Second Edition
– O’Reilly MediaRT @OReillyMedia #Ebook Deal/Day: Head First Java, 2nd Ed. $17.99 (Save 50%) Use code DDHJ2
Digest powered by RSS Digest