- Entries Tagged 2011 – O’Reilly Radar
A series of short interviews that @macslocum did with me about "What lies ahead" for various topics.
- Underpaid Genius • Intertemporal Selfishness
It turns out that we have widely varying levels of psychological connectness to our future selves, and the ‘me’ of today is more likely to defer rewards to the future if there is a belief that the ‘me’ of a distant tomorrow will be very like today’s.
- ESPN 30 for 30
30 for 30′s "best that never was" is maybe the best sports doc I’ve ever seen -
- Untitled (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eAv_6n_Gzlg/TRebtJyKO6I/AAAAAAAAHQI/DlljlgZF8Yo/s1600/10+001.jpg)
Zombie or Supermodel? A handy guide ->
- Has the Industrialized World Reached Peak Travel? – Slashdot
Has the Industrialized World Reached Peak Travel?
- Log In – The New York Times
RT @jamesoreilly Oliver Sacks on "cognitive fitness" Nice one, especially if you haven’t read Sacks’ books.
- On the increasing uselessness of Google….. – broadstuff
On the increasing uselessness of Google I agree. Even the google alerts I set are almost all turning up spam.
- RunKeeper Pro is FREE Through the Month of January! | RunKeeper
Awesome. To help with New Years’ resolutions, Runkeeper Pro app is free through the end of January!
- FT.com / Comment / Opinion – Accessing the e-book revolution
Excellent piece by @stevenbjohnson comparing innovation in printed books with #ebooks Based on his #w2s talk.
- Ghost towns of China: Satellite images show cities lying completely deserted | Mail Online
Civilization itself as a disposable object? Amazing satellite images reveal China’s ghost towns
- Detroit in ruins | Art and design | The Observer
Dramatic pictures of Detroit in decay or what happens when capitalism decides it really doesn’t need people anymore.
- Nigel Slater’s pumpkin pie, and pears with blue cheese and walnuts recipes | Life and style | The Observer
- Hot and sour mushroom soup recipe | Yotam Ottolenghi | Life and style | The Guardian
- Celery salad with feta and soft-boiled egg recipe | Yotam Ottolenghi | Vegetarian cooking | Life and style | The Guardian
- Pumpkin chocolate mud cake recipe | Dan Lepard | Baking | Life and style | The Guardian
- Class Decides Whether To Donate Professor’s Kidney : NPR
Class Decides Whether To Donate Professor’s Kidney (Wonder how Google algorithms would have decided
Digest powered by RSS Digest