- How To Get Rails 3 and RSpec 2 Running Specs Fast (From Scratch)
- Palomino-KUM® Long Point Pencil Sharpener
- Palomino Blackwing
- Tim O’Reilly on The Future of Technology at SXSW — Tech Cocktail
RT @TechCocktail Tim O’Reilly on The Future of Technology at SXSW – video interview by @frankgruber
- Pepsi Moving To Bottles Made of Plant Material – Slashdot
Nice: Pepsi moving to plant-based plastics for its bottles
- Log In – The New York Times
A @NYTimes correction that reads like a Tim O’Brien novel. Two interpretations of "solitary confinement." (HT @palafo)
- Netflix going up against cable with original series deal
Cable did it to broadcast, and now Netflix To Start Creating Original Content via @slashdot
- Hacktivism: Startup Mentality for the Non-Profit Sector
Hacktivism: Startup Mentality for the Non-Profit Sector I’m seeing a lot more of this. Good thing.
- Catalog Page for PIA12756
"The Cassini spacecraft views Saturn with a selection of its moons in varying sizes.
Saturn’s largest moon, Titan, is in the center of the image. Titan is 5,150 kilometers, or 3,200 miles, across. The smaller moon Enceladus (504 kilometers, or 313 miles across) is on the far right, appearing just below the rings. The tiny moon Pandora (81 kilometers, or 50 miles across) is barely detectable as a speck on the far left, beyond the thin F ring. To enhance visibility, Pandora has been brightened by a factor of two relative to the rest of the image."
- Bankers snort, groan as regulator lauds reforms
- Peter Borg Apps » Lingon
"Lingon is a graphical user interface for creating and editing launchd configuration files for Mac OS X Snow Leopard. You can use launchd on a Mac to launch scripts and applications whenever something special happens or at a specific time or periodically. You get all launchd configuration files in a list to the left so you can easily see all and choose which one to edit."
- Frenzy – The Dropbox powered social network
- Official Google Blog: You’re changing the world. We want to help.
MT @googlenonprofit: You’re changing the world. We want to help. Announcing the Google for Nonprofits program. #11NTC
- Gene therapy shows promise for Parkinson’s
| ReutersGene therapy shows promise for Parkinson’s
- Where 2.0 2011 – O’Reilly Conferences, April 19 – 21, 2011, Santa Clara, CA
RT @OReillyMedia Deal of the Week is up to $600 off Where 2.0. Use code ORM400 when you register #where20
- Amazon poised to launch mobile app store
Google left Amazon an opening by doing such a poor job on the Android market. $AMZN will likely do a great app store
- Sponsor CityCamp | CityCamp: Gov 2.0 goes local
.@CityCamp is looking for sponsors A very worthwhile activity, doing good work in #opengov
- POLITICO Morning Tech – POLITICO.com
Nice to see @popvox won best social media and networking site in #SXSW Microsoft BizSpark Accelerator competition
- The Scariest Earthquake Is Yet to Come – Newsweek
Worth pondering: The earthquake that struck Japan was the third in a series of events that now put California at risk.
- Thinking about an Open Source Electronic Health Record | FedScoop
Nice to see the VA Thinking about an Open Source Electronic Health Record by @pllevin & @LNRBailey via @ahier
- Microsoft Press – Ebook Deal/Week: Save 50% Exchange Titles
RT @MicrosoftPress #Ebook Deal/Week: Save 50% on Exchange Server 2010 and 2007 Titles
- Fukushima: Mark 1 Nuclear Reactor Design Caused GE Scientist To Quit In Protest – ABC News
35 years ago, Mark 1 Nuclear Reactor Design used at Fukushima Caused GE Scientist To Quit In Protest
- Why did Twitter stop whitelisting scholarly accounts? – Quora
Wow, Twitter says "majority of research not useful" MT @rsarver: "Why did Twitter stop whitelisting scholarly accounts?
- Neuro Images
Brain-shaped energy efficient light bulb via @mocost @minikerri
- Moments of Seeing Further | Royal Society
RT @royalsociety: Be inspired by these notes and drawings – each showing the moment a scientific breakthrough was made
- Log In – The New York Times
Ah. The Bear would have loved this, though he’d have taken issue with it. A big NYT obituary.
- BBC News – Experts unravel ‘churkey’ appearance mystery
Experts unravel ‘churkey’ mystery
- Lovely fly a dog to photography appreciate | Smashing List – StumbleUpon
Best Thing Ever RT@heliumcell: Flying dogs!!! (via @mitdasein )
Digest powered by RSS Digest