- 50 Reasons Why The World Is Definitely Ending On Saturday: Pics, Videos, Links, News
- Untitled (http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2011/5/18taub.html)
JOY: "@HelenLOHara: This is BRILL: I regret to inform you that my wedding to Captain Von Trapp has been cancelled "
- Intellectual Property Office – Independent Review of IP and Growth
V happy to see Ian Hargreaves’ IP Review get a fair wind. I endorse it 100% (I was an advisor) Over to you, politicians.
- The Dark Mystery Of Emily Dickinson’s “Master” Letters – The Rumpus.net
These are her letters to the world: All of E. Dickinson’s addictive strangeness, in 3 "master" letters via @The_Rumpus
- Untitled (http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/speeches/2011/speech495.pdf)
"Investment choice, like other life choices, is being tuned to a shorter wavelength." What capital markets teach us.
- Make: Online | Why Educators Want to Attend Maker Faire
Maker Faire and the Young Makers Program: Teachers explain why they love @MakerFaire via @dalepd IT’S THIS WEEKEND!
- Kill Math
This is an insight worth chewing on: "Math needs a new interface." via @monkchips
- First Ever Pulitzer For Non-Print Series – Slashdot
Meant to tweet this earlier in the month. First-ever Pulitzer for non-print journalism
Correction from @bfnyc about the claim that Google is the 3rd largest computer manufacturer: 4th largest SERVER mftr
- NationalJournal.com – Beyond Big or Small Government – Monday, May 16, 2011
Excellent piece: Beyond Big or Small Government Better to talk about "how rather than how much" via @digiphile
- Robots Successfully Invent Their Own Language – Slashdot
Holy sh*t: Robots Successfully Invent Their Own Language
- An Elixir of Reminding | booktwo.org
Lovely. RT arielwaldman [Keller piece] reminds me of @jamesbridle’s great post on An Elixir of Reminding:
- How resilience engineering applies to the web world – O’Reilly Radar
RT @jesserobbins "How resilience engineering applies to the web world" interview with @allspaw #devops #velocityconf
- Log In – The New York Times
I’m usually dubious of the various "internet makes us stupid" arguments, but this one was nuanced and thoughtful
- Origins of the Deficit – NYTimes.com
Wow. Damning quote from Republican Santorum in 2003 "I had to spend the surpluses. Deficits make it easier to say no"
- Node: Up and Running
– O’Reilly MediaRT @OReillyMedia #Ebook Deal/Day: Node: Up and Running – Only $13.99 (Save 50%) w/code DDM95
Good tip: @BestBuy recycles electronics, even those you didn’t buy from them via @pmckie
Digest powered by RSS Digest