- The Data Liberation Front (the Data Liberation Front)
.@dewitt Indeed, it doesn’t surprise me that you & other Googlers strongly agree with @kellan. Thx for pointer
- Minimal Competence: Data Access, Data Ownership, and Sharecropping. – Laughing Meme
Fab piece that Facebook and Google should study carefully: Data Access, Data Ownership, and Sharecropping via @gnat
- Home – ExtensionFM
ExtensionFM is a browser extension for Chrome that finds every MP3 file on pages you visit and automatically creates a library of those songs for you to enjoy
- 10+ “hidden gems” not to miss at Gov 2.0 Expo | GovTwit
RT @dslunceford 10 "must see" sessions at #Gov20 Expo – #1: @TimBerners_Lee/@KateLundy/@TimOReilly: #g2e
- Untitled (http://blog.iteleportmobile.com/quality-over-quantity-how-we-built-iteleport?c=1)
How iTeleport is building a profitable business in the App Store without going the low-price route. via @andrewsavikas
- Toyota Partners With Tesla to Make Electric Cars! | Inhabitat – Green Design Will Save the World
Toyota invests in, partners with Tesla to make electric cars in CA: (via @slashdot)
- Twitter / E. M. Maximilien: MapReduce (well only map f …
MapReduce (well only map functions
- YUI Theater — Ryan Dahl: “Introduction to NodeJS” (58 min.) » Yahoo! User Interface Blog (YUIBlog)
Video — Ryan Dahl (@ryah): “Introduction to NodeJS”: #yuitheater
- Beautiful Mount Ararat, Turkey. 5,137m. on Twitpic
Beautiful Mount Ararat, Turkey. 5,137m.
- The Way We Live Now – Metric Mania – NYTimes.com
Good @nytimes article about the use and misuse of measurement and statistics. Worth reading.
- Facebook, MySpace Confront Privacy Loophole – WSJ.com
myspace & facebook sent user names/ids to ad companies when consumers clicked on ads says @wsj (via @techmeme)]\
- Panic Attacks as a Problem of pH: Scientific American
In general, the pH of our brain is carefully regulated. A large increase or decrease in brain acidity can seriously disrupt brain functioning. This new study indicates that pH can sometimes rise and fall in synapses, the points of communication between individual neurons in the brain. Some synapses include specialized proteins that "sense" acidity. These proteins (called "’acid-sensing ion channels", or ASICs) stimulate neurons when increased acid is detected.
The Iowa study shows that genetically modified mice lacking these acid-sensing proteins have a greatly reduced capacity to show either instinctive or learned fear. When the researchers restored the ASIC gene only in the amygdala of these genetically modified mice, they observed a normalization of fear behaviors. So their studies suggest that the ability to detect changes in synaptic pH in the amygdala is essential for normal fear behavior.
- Mapreduce & Hadoop Algorithms in Academic Papers (3rd update)
- Grand Challenges: The First Results – Expert Labs
- Benson (TV series)
Who knew? Apparently "Benson" may have been the first TV show to mention the Internet (ARPANET, actually)
- Just Be And You Are – Tim O’Reilly Explaining Gov2.0
RT @sarawinge "like taking a bath in ideas I’d never heard about" @akshaykapur on @timoreilly’s webcast on Gov 2.0
- Error (ACS Publications)
Hydrogen peroxide generated on the fly with potentional applications to oxidations in organic synthesis |
- I, microbe: Sequencing the bugs in our bodies – health – 20 May 2010 – New Scientist
Our bodies are more microbial than they are human, and now we’ve got their genomes to prove it.
Singularity U cafe at @makerfaire this weekend:
- Information Architecture for the World Wide Web, Third Edition
– O’Reilly MediaRT @OReillyMedia #Ebook Deal of the Day: Info Architecture for the WWW, 3rd Ed. – Only $9.99 use code DDAWW
- Arctic Drilling Proposal Advanced Amid Concern – NYTimes.com
A proposal to drill for oil in the Arctic Ocean as early as this summer received initial permits from the Minerals Management Service office in Alaska at the same time federal auditors were questioning the office about its environmental review process.
The approvals also came after many of the agency’s most experienced scientists had left, frustrated that their concerns over environmental threats from drilling had been ignored.
- Twitter / Lizz Winstead: Rand Paul is however, tot …
Rand Paul is however, totally in favor of A Civil Whites Act
- Man-made Genetic Instructions Yield Living Cells for the First Time: Scientific American
Man-made Genetic Instructions Yield Living Cells for the First Time
Digest powered by RSS Digest