- Multimedia – Gulf Oil Spill : Ways You Can Help
$10 = a clean habitat for 300 oysters, give $10 txt "COAST" to 50555 or visit #CNNHelpGulf #oilspill
- Debunking the myth of the internet as energy hog, again: How information technology is good for climate « Climate Progress
Debunking the myth of the internet as energy hog, again: How information technology is good for climate – important
- Twitter / Conan O’Brien: Only one thing on Earth ma …
Only one thing on Earth makes me afraid: When my rostral anterior cingulate cortex fails to dampen hyperactivity in my amygdala.
- Boost to next generation human genetic research | Life Sciences
The 1000 Genomes Project, an international public-private consortium to build the most detailed map of human genetic variation to date, has completed three pilot projects and announced the deposition of the final resulting data in freely available public databases for use by the research community…n addition to distributing the results on the Project’s own web sites, the pilot data set is available via the Amazon Web services (AWS) computing cloud to enable anyone to access this unprecedentedly large data set, even if they do not have capacity to download it locally.
- Google Troubles Mounting From Data Collection by Street View Cars | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD
No Harm, Big Foul: Google Intercepted Passwords and Email Extracts
- Smart Grid Projects Cut Costs for Consumers, Utilities — Energy | The Texas Tribune
- PlainText – Synced text files for iOS (Preview)
PlainText – Synced text files for iOS (Preview)
A new app for reading and writing text files on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. PlainText is a fast, clean, synchronized text editor. Unlike Notes, PlainText works with Dropbox to instantly sync your changes to your Mac, Windows, or Linux desktop.
- Twidiot | The New Republic
MUST READ: Buzz Bissinger asks, "How the Hell Did I—a Pulitzer Prize Winner, for Chrissakes—Fall in Love With Twitter?"
- Austin company to receive $10.3 million from state-funded cancer institute | Statesman Business Blog
- Superb Lyrebird imitating construction work – Adelaide ZooI know we should all be working, but here’s a lyre bird imitating construction work:
- EU sees solar power imported from Sahara in five years | EurActiv
EU sees solar power imported from Sahara in five years – cool – er, I mean hot #solarpower #sahara
- Slashdot Story | Why Being Wrong Makes Humans So Smart
Really worth reading: Why Being Wrong Makes Humans So Smart
- Untitled (http://www.amazon.com/Home-Sea-Robert-Louis-Stevenson/dp/093518029X)
RLS = Robert Louis Stevenson. If you want to fall in love with his wise spirit, read Berman’s Home from the Sea
- QuickMark Mobile Barcode – Web Site QuickMark
- What’s Inside Worcestershire Sauce? Fermented Surf for Your Turf | Magazine
What’s Inside Worcestershire Sauce?
- Will iPhones edge out BlackBerrys in Washington?
Interesting to see how #blackberry still dominates #iphone in Washington DC. via @digiphile
- TED 2011 on Plancast
#plan TED 2011 (Long Beach Performing Arts Center, Long Beach, CA) Feb 28 – Mar 4, 2011
- Feared side effect of Alzheimer’s drugs is unlikely, new model suggests
Feared side effect of Alzheimer’s drugs is unlikely, new model suggests
- Peak Oil Task Force
RT @alexevansuk #Peakoil experts tell me the best energy descent plan in the world right now belongs to Bloomington, IN
- Unicode In Python, Completely Demystified
- Unicode Consortium
- How to Say "Where Is the Bathroom" in Several Different Languages – wikiHow
- Is there an emergency or should the elevator be stopped? on Twitpic
- The flipper bridge
- YouTube – Rachel Maddow The force is strong with this one
- The Real Science Gap | Miller-McCune Online
The real science gap. Not education, but jobs. via @slashdot
Digest powered by RSS Digest