- CIWEM Environmental Photographer of the Year 2010 award winners – Telegraph
"An amazing picture of thousands of rays swimming through the ocean in a colossal school has scooped top prize in the CIWEM Environmental Photographer of the Year 2010 awards. The group of Munkiana Devil Rays were spotted in Baja California Sur, Mexico, by German conservation photographer Florian Schulz. He described how he was able to capture his jaw-dropping image named Flight of the Rays: "During an aerial expedition I came across something I had never seen before. Not even my pilot, who has surveyed this area for 20 years, had seen anything like it. As we got closer we started to discover its nature: an unprecedented congregation of rays. The group was as thick as it was wide, all heading towards the same direction. I have asked around why this took place but no one has been able to explain it to me. After such a unique sighting, I realise there are so many marvels in the oceans that we are yet to understand"
- About Startl | Startl
"We founded Startl to pave the way for cool new digital media learning products to move from idea to funding and into learners’ hands. We’re working outside the established systems in a public-private partnership to break new ground in the education market and help to launch the next generation of digital tools for learning. "
- Untitled (http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2010/09/27/prl20927.htm)
Doctors see a rise in computer and cell-phone related ailments. via @ahier
- Twitter / Neil deGrasse Tyson: Just Netflixed
Just Netflixed "2012." Six Billion people dead at film’s end. Was prepared because PG-13 rating warned of "Mild Violence"
- Addicts to get no kick from cocaine – health – 27 September 2010 – New Scientist
Doing a line of gene therapy: addicts to get no kick from cocaine
- Talking Web 2.0 Expo and Gov 2.0 Summit w/Tim OReilly 3/22/2009 – Gov20Radio | Internet Radio | Blog Talk Radio
RT @gov20radio A quarter million people have now listened to our inaugural show featuring @timoreilly #gov20 #g2r
– Drive: motivating horse and humanGreat video from Kathy Sierra about motivation in horses and humans, based on the work of Dan Pink:
- NCoC: Millions Working to Solve Local Problems
“The most powerful force in American democracy is the connection between and among citizens" NCOC report: #gov20
- What Comes Next in the Red-Hot Analytics Market?: Cloud «
What Comes Next in the Red-Hot Analytics Market?: Cloud @om missed out on @gooddata
- Helen Keller Int’l – Preventing Blindness & Malnutrition Worldwide, Vitamin A Supplementation, Cataract Treatment, Food Fortification, Capacity Building, International NGOs
- Tim O’Reilly at Maker Faire NYC 2010 – a set on Flickr
Riding the rocket ponies at #makerfaire. What a treat! Saw @davidpogue and Nolan Bushnell in the crowd.
- Stepping into Time (Geologic City report #4) « Friends of the Pleistocene
FOP: Stepping into time
- Color Photos of Russia (1909-1912) by Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky
color photos of Russia (1909-1912) by Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky on @big_picture via @lardnanny
- XLNT Op-Ed: David Brooks on The Responsibility Deficit in our Society (the disconnect between action & consequences) – netgarden’s posterous
XLNT Op-Ed: David Brooks on The Responsibility Deficit in our Society (the disconnect between action & consequences)
- Paper-Thin Batteries « Emily Chang – Designer
- Twitter / Sean Scott: To think that some people …
To think that some people go through life not even knowing there is such a thing as a quad espresso.
- The New York Times > Log In
Slouching Toward Washington: Dowd/NYT on the Christine O’Donnell fork of GOP, and what it represents in policy terms.
- 6 new scientific findings about Facebook users – The Week
Interesting Scientific Findings About Facebook Users -
Digest powered by RSS Digest