- This column will change your life: With friends like these… | Oliver Burkeman | Life and style | The Guardian
‘Perhaps all we need is some kind of technological fix, to display a message under every chipper status update, and as a permanent subtitle on numerous television shows: "Don’t forget: this person is barely holding things together."’
- Colorado River Water Shortages: Present Concerns and Future Fears – Environment – GOOD
The Colorado River, a water source to at least 30 million people in seven states and Mexico, is drying up. It hasn’t reached the sea in ages, and in 2002, for the first time, total demand for the river’s water climbed higher than the total river’s supply.
- All In The Mind – 22 January 2011 – Stem cells and brain tales
Stem cells and brain tales: Acclaimed neuroscientist Fred Gage is a serial trailblazer
- Deadspot On Hisense Arena – ESPN Video – ESPN
A deadspot delayed the start of the Sharapova match
- 7 Data Blogs To Explore – ReadWriteCloud
ReadWriteCloud: 7 Data Blogs To Explore
- Font Collection: 10 Free Excellent Monospaced Fonts
Font Collection: 10 Free Excellent Monospaced Fonts
- Center Focuses On Treating Alzheimer’s By Comforting Residents, Not Medicating Them | Here & Now
#Alzheimers drugs don’t do much, here’s a different approach: evidence-based compassion from @hereandnow (via @9brandon)
- Official Google Blog: Google search and search engine spam
About time! "We hear the feedback… loud and clear: people are asking for even stronger action on content farms."
- Kindle Direct Publishing: Self-publish to Amazon’s Kindle Store
Kindle Direct Publishing: Amazon competes with its suppliers. This will get ugly for publishers, ultimately for AMZN 2
- railsready: Setup script to get Ruby and Rails running on Ubuntu with one command – The Changelog – Open Source moves fast. Keep up.
- New Scientist TV: Malaria caught on camera breaking and entering cell
- I Can Stalk U – Raising awareness about inadvertent information sharing
scans tweeted and FB posted photos for geotags. Turn off geotagging on your smartphone!
- The Beautiful Mind – Slide Show – NYTimes.com
RT @DrMarsha Geekily gorgeous photos of neurons & the like from NYT Science section via @christineottery
- Global warming, climate change: Warming effect of melting ice fields stronger, report finds – latimes.com
RT @stevesilberman Report: #Climate scientists *underestimated* warming effects of melting ice via @tvjrennie
- In the comments on on my TripIt post earlier in…
RT @bryce ITP kids see the future
- Myth of the Hero Gunslinger – NYTimes.com
RT @hush6: Timothy Egan: Myth of the Hero Gunslinger – NYTimes.com
Digest powered by RSS Digest