- InfoChimps Bundles Many Location Sources in One API
- Infochimps Adds Geo APIs and Takes A Shine to Schema.Org, Too « semanticweb.com
- Underground river ‘Rio Hamza’ discovered 4km beneath the Amazon | Environment | guardian.co.uk
- Tax us more, say wealthy Europeans | World news | The Guardian
- Interview with Rob Janoff, designer of the Apple logo | creativebits™
- Sweet hearts – WWW.THEDAILY.COM
A new analysis finds a potential link between regular consumption of chocolate and a reduced risk of heart disease. Those who eat the most chocolate on a regular basis lower their risk by one-third.
The analysis — published yesterday in the online version of the British Medical Journal — examined recent studies involving more than 100,000 people, looking for a trend.
The studies compared people who ate chocolate more than once a week to those who ate it less often. The chocolate lovers also cut their risk of diabetes by 31 percent and of stroke by 29 percent.
- Using the Prospective Search API on App Engine for instant traffic analysis – Nick’s Blog
- Dispatch from Decaf Sucks · A monthly coffee subscription
- On death threats, responsibility, and making it clear
- Video: How Steve Jobs’s Early Vision For Apple Inspired A Decade Of Innovation | Fast Company
- How Jobs made Apple fit for the future – FT.com
RT @jseelybrown: Great insight into how Apple – the company – actually works & makes it so innovative.
- Don’t Suspend Scout Finch, Mr. Schmidt. It’s Wrong and It’s Bad for Business. | technosociology
Excellent, nuanced post about the #nymwars issue at Google+ via @kevinmarks
- The Node Sessions: The Best of OSCON 2011
– O’Reilly MediaThe Node Sessions: Video from OSCON 2011 Hey @oreillymedia, there ought to be a video deal of the day for this!
- URBEINGRECORDED » Blog Archive » Getting to Know Your Ghost in the Machine
Fascinating post on ubicomp and identity by @chris23 Definitely relevant to #nymwars
- Arianna Huffington: What Hurricane Irene Can Teach Us About the Jobs Crisis
RT @ariannahuff: What Hurricane Irene can teach us about the jobs crisis.
- Flickr Nails Photo Privacy With New Geofence Feature
RT @marshallk: Nice: Flickr nails photo privacy with new geofence feature #mobile #brilliant
- Earthquakes caused by glaciers melting? | 1X57
RT @sengseng: New @1X57: Earthquakes caused by glacial melting? cc @ravendad
- Secure-Mail – S/MIME mails on iOS – iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Conspiracy is Optimistic
Sad but true quote from Steve Jobs: "Conspiracy is optimistic."
- Inkling, A Digital Pen That Converts Paper Drawings to Digital Files
Inkling, A Digital Pen That Converts Paper Drawings to Digital Files by @wacom
- Entries —
Node.js KnockoutRT @medriscoll: The Node.js community is vibrant. Last weekend’s hackathon had 188 entries:
- Untitled (http://www.amazon.com/Twitter-Book-Tim-OReilly/dp/0596802811)
So @SarahM + I are updating the #TwitterBook. Let us know if you have questions or tips you’d like us to cover.
- How Bill O’Reilly Tried to Get His Wife’s Boyfriend Investigated By the Cops
Assuming Gawker piece holds up, great evidence that investigative journalism won’t die when newspapers do:
- Overview | VLDB 2011
About to give a keynote at Very Large Databases Conference in Seattle #vldb
- Technology In A Hurricane | Code for America
Technology in a Hurricane. Insightful post by @abhinemani about NYC’s #Irene response
- Developing Enterprise iOS Applications
– O’Reilly MediaRT @OReillyMedia #Ebook Deal/Day: Developing Enterprise iOS Applications – Only $7.49 w/code DDDEA
- How to create sustainable open data projects with purpose – O’Reilly Radar
More direct link for the @mysociety post about FixMyTransport
- You Can Never Size a Market in Excel
RT @bryce: You Can Never Size a Market in Excel
Digest powered by RSS Digest